Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hello to you and hello Thailand

I'm in Thailand. I got here yesterday. I've decided to bike from here to China. Didn't you say this before, last year when you were in India? oh, boy who cried bike to China? Touche old boy (I had to google how to spell that too-shay) Yes, I've utter things similar to this before, but this time I mean it. I figure I've got a lot of things on my side that might not have been when I was in India. This time there aren't any huge mtn. ranges, visas snafus, or civil wars blocking my blissful, stress-free pedalling (note: I haven't started yet). In fact, I think it will be quite flat. Also, I don't have a return plane ticket which makes flying back out a Bangkok not a viable plan B, demoting that option to like plan D.

I'm currently in Authaya, a nice spot 60km north of Bangkok. I flew in yesterday and took a short train ride up here. Train ticket at station: 11 baht. 1 can 7-up at station: 15 baht. Escaping having to ride that portion on my bicycle, a stretch of road that would surely be as my co-worker was fond of describing scootering in Taipei as "like a bad video game": priceless.



These are pictures of some of the ruins in Authaya

Me at a very dead Ilan train station at 4:12am. I will eat a very late lunch about exactly 12 hours after this at my guesthouse in Authaya.

It's bedtime. I want to get up early and start riding before it gets hot. Update you from somewhere north of here (hopefully very far north).



3 comments:

AF said...

Man that is a ROUGH picture of you at Ilan train station.

Try not to scare your parents like that.

Pictures of Brett looking much more content, even happy with life can be found at:

http://taikuazhang.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

yo! dude, good to hear from you!

we got a ridiculous amount of snow last night, so madison is covered in it. I hope the weather is much better for you.

hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

great to hear from ya B!

Good luck on the pedaling odyssey that lies before you.

Watch out for number one and try not to step in number two.

happy travels.