Riding around Vang Vieng
Kids in a village where we stopped for a drink
Cars. Not a lot of them (I heard only like 300,000 private cars in the whole country). Roads. While we were cycling the main and only north-south "highway" through Laos, there was little traffic and we got to ride through a lot of Hmong villages which line the road in the mountains, letting us see village life at 20km an hour. Food. It's not some Asian delicacy only recreatable back home by Emril but in fact it's a reminder of Laos' colonial history: baguette sandwiches! Around a dollar will get you a huge baguette filled with veggies and some type of french cheese. I might have to fill one pannier full of them and ration them out for once I cross into China.



2 comments:
Hi Brett,
We're enjoying your blog too! Looks like amazingly beautiful country.
Is there much cabbage in Laos?
Great photos.
Jane
B,
I'm a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope the ride is going well. I just got my Redline Monocog 29er last week and I've been out and about ever since...love the single speed. It doesn't match your caliber of riding but I've been riding some great trails in Maryland!
Best wishes
Post a Comment