Sunday, March 02, 2014

#6 - Traditional Hatha - super tired

I did the 10am class this morning.  Wow, I was tired.  Any time we got to go into corpse pose and relax I was super slow to want to get out of it.  Bodywise, I felt OK.  There are certainly some poses that I don't like due to my left knee being kind of weak.  I need to realize when to push it when not to push it.      The standing chair and some other ones involve some major arm lifting.  It's funny how I am the largest (well tallest) human in the class and I am strugglging with keeping my arms afloat during all these chair poses.  And all these petite folks around me seem to have no muscle pain when doing this stuff.  

I am please though that the yoga appears to be involving and strengthening my core.  That is really my goal.  I feel like the stronger I can get my core, the better shape my spine will be in and the better my back will feel on a long term basis.  I also heard this podcast about how squats are the best lifelong exercise as they predict a person's ability to have mobility when they get into older age.  My knee won't let me do squats but I am sorta starting to do some half squats through yoga.

Other than that, I am just bummed I didn't go out and ski this weekend.  The snow is falling hard right now.  Hopefully next weekend this will still be the case.

No comments: