Monday, September 26, 2016

Vegan eating: Day 1

After a long weekend of staying up late and volunteering (aka drinking with my free tokens) at the Fresh Hops fest, I decided I need to do a detox week.  My will power and resolve can be low with food challenges so I figured blogging about it would help me actually make it 7 days.   Here we go!

It is day 1.  Things eaten by 1:30pm:  coffee, banana bar, coffee, big ole' salad.  My body is still running off yesterday's junk food so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.    This salad was awesome and random:  strawberries, an apple, kale, arugula, tomato, carrots.    All came from my Casa Verde CSA and all was amazingly tasty and crunchy.

My main concern in taking this challenge was that I spent $25 on a half wheel of local blue cheese.  Will it go bad on my 1 week vegcation? I hope not.  Actually it likely only get stinkier.

Bodily update:  My tibia ligaments are crazy sore.  Unrelated to my 4 hours of veganism but still.... I need to keep any eye on them.

This guy is a vegan.  I took his photo and then he jumped on my head.

No comments: