Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Intermittent Fasting - day 1

New year.  Time for some new experiments.  I am 20 days into January and have been doing a dry January.  Surprisingly I haven't craved beer too much.  If it were warm out I imagine I might want some beer.  I also realize that having a 5 month old baby that anything that detract from sleep isn't a good thing.  So I think that has helped with this month of no beer.  If the rest of the month goes smoothly I may extend Dry January into February.

Fasting!  My colleague has been singing the praises of intermittent fasting.  He picks 2 days a week and basically doesn't eat until dinner.  Today I tried this and ate only a small salad and cup of soup for lunch and then at dinner had a very light salad and half of Rachel's kombutcha.  All in all, I'd say I had about 600 calories today.  I can't imagine it was much more than that.  It's 10pm right now and I am not hungry but I have an odd full face headache that has been going on for the last 2 hours.  I don't really normally ever get headaches so it interesting and definitely related to the not eating.  In general I like the idea of intermittent fasting as I feel a bit too comfy sometimes; I never get actually hungry unless I am backpacking or on a really long bike ride.  There seem to calories for consuming everywhere in life:  home, work, etc...  Stay tuned.

Update:  I slept terrible.  Had a headache until 3am.  Then sorta of tossed and turned all night.

No comments: